Sunday, May 20, 2012

Baked Strawberry Donuts with Strawberry Glaze!

I wanted to do something a little different with the farmers market strawberries that I got and found a recipe for baked strawberry donuts.  I altered it a bit, so I'll post my version.  It was a hit with both boys.


2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup milk
2 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
2/3 cup diced strawberries


Preheat oven to 425 and spray doughnut pan with nonstick spray.

In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add milk, egg, and butter, stirring until just combined. Add berries. Fill each cup about 2/3 full. Bake for 8-9 minutes, until tops spring back.  While baking, prepare the glazing station by lining a cookie sheet with foil and placing a cookie cooling rack on top.  Remove donuts from pan and place onto prepared glazing station.

Make glaze
1 tablespoon milk
1-2 mashed strawberries (or strawberry jam)
enough icing sugar to make a runny glaze (I think I used 3/4 cup)
Mix until smooth and consistency of syrup.

Drizzle over donuts or dunk donuts into glaze and let dry on glazing station.



Enjoy!

Adapted from: http://www.stetted.com/index.php/2010/04/12/strawberry-doughnuts/


No comments:

Post a Comment